The way to peoples hearts? Great food! Try some unique ideas for your next get together, don’t be afraid to try different recipes, appetizers, dips, snacks that you haven’t tried before, you will be surprised by the enthusiasm and rave reviews you will get from your guests!
Your potential guests have most likely seen the same old boring things over and over at past events they have attended. They are waiting for something new and exciting to come their way! By taking the time to plan an exciting event, you will be sure to attract guests and create a memorable experience.
One of the best ways to create a unique event is of course original food ideas; they will leave a lasting impression. There are plenty of unique and impressive appetizers you can serve that are sure to be unforgettable. Here are a couple quick ideas and alwasy remember if you don’t have the time to do it yourself, you can check our our appetizers menu.
Awesome Appetizer Ideas
- Taco Cups
- Tostitos Scoops (one bag)
- Taco-seasoned meat (cooked, half pound)
- Refried Beans (one can)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (one cup)
- Salsa (one cup)
- Sour Cream (half cup)
- Black Olives (half cup)
Layer all of the ingredients (starting with beans and meat) in a Tostitos scoop chip. Make a large platter because these will go quick!
- Spinach dip in a bread bowl. You can make homemade spinach dip or you can buy spinach dip from the store. Put it into a bread bowl and serve with pita chips or regular tortilla chips. Guests love spinach dip and the bread bowl will give it an extra little boost of uniqueness.
- Seven layer dip. Dip is very easy to make and also extremely well liked amongst party goers. All you need is refried beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, olives, and cilantro to make this dish taste great.
- Smoked salmon guacamole. You can find this recipe online. Something that everybody likes when they go to a party is chips. This unique guacamole will be sure to impress your guests. Make a lot because anybody who tries it is going to gobble it up.
Obviously, all of this food will leave your guests thirsty! The first drink you should make available to everybody is water. You may be thinking, what about the beer?! Of course, beer is good, provide 2 or 3 different choices depending on the crowd coming and you may want to have one white and one red wine available. Also remember that iCater can help set up and operate the bar or beverages at your next event, we can help getting the necessary permits as well.
Non Alcoholic Drinks
Always provide 1 or 2 nice beverages to accompany your tasty treats. You will need to provide some delicious drinks to those who do not want to drink alcoholic beverages. There are a lot of easy drinks that you can make to impress your guests. An Arnold Palmer is a popular choice. Arnold Palmer is made with half lemonade and half iced tea. You can mix a small jug or even a big cooler of this by using an upright Igloo cooler that has a dispenser if your doing a summer party in the backyard. In addition to the Arnold Palmer, you could also do a Shirley Temple. This is an old-school drink that has held up to the test of time. Ginger ale, a little orange juice, and a tiny bit of grenadine is all you need to mix up a Shirley Temple. Check out these other neat beverage ideas.